Responsible Vendor ProgramLicensed by the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment and the Marijuana Enforcement Division
The Responsible Vendor Program (RV) is great for dispensaries. RV teaches the best practices for a dispensary and sets a standard for operating procedures. A staff trained and certified in RV can prevent or minimize infractions and violations commonly issued by the enforcement agencies. RV is a great course for those who are in the cannabis industry and need to remain compliant in a highly regulated environment. RV costs $149 and can be taught in-person or online. Group discounts apply!
Value & Benefits of The Responsible Vendor Program
1. Quality Training: Your staff will receive training on state laws, best practices, customer service, safety, product knowledge, cannabis chemistry, and more. Each staff member receives a Responsible Vendor Designated wallet ID card along with an in-class workbook they get to keep to retain the information.
2. Marketing and Advertising: With concern of product safety, and community safety, it is important to inform your community and new customers that you take this business seriously. After completing the program, your shop receives window decals and a certificate to let your customers know you are a Responsible Vendor Designated dispensary.
3. Protection for your dispensary: If and when the MED initiates a sting operation on your business, the Responsible Vendor Designation allows you to mitigate multiple levels of infractions. One budtender letting in an underage shopper or fake ID could cost you up to a $100,000 fine and suspension or even revocation of your license. It is essential to earn the extra layer of protection the Responsible Vendor Certification affords.
Trichome Institute is proud to offer the Responsible Vendor Program certified by both the MED and CDPHE. The course is 2.5 to 3 hours and exceeds the requirements set forth by the government.
- For solo participants or small groups
- For mid-sized groups
- Larger groups and dispensary trainings
Inside the Course
The Big Picture
The Marijuana Enforcement Division
Permitting Inspections, Record Keeping and METRC
Health and Safety Standards
Criminal Liability and Violations of Cannabis Law
Legal Hours of Operation
Potentially Serious Scenarios
Working With Customers
Patient Registry Cards
How Much Product Can We Sell?
Acceptable Forms of Identification
How to Check Identification Thoroughly
Signs Identification is Fraudulent
Confiscating Fraudulent Identification
Avoid Selling Cannabis to Minors
Effects of Cannabis on the Body
Gauging Consumer Tolerance and Cannabis Experience
Understanding Customer Goals